Re: configure openldap crash warning

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: configure openldap crash warning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04.05.22 17:16, Tom Lane wrote:
> Hmm, I just tried it with up-to-date MacPorts, and it was a*complete*
> fail: I got all the deprecation warnings (so the system include headers
> were used), and both postgres and libpq.dylib still ended up linked
> against /System/Library/Frameworks/LDAP.framework/Versions/A/LDAP.

Btw., I was a bit puzzled about all this talk about deprecation
warnings, which I have not seen.  I turns out that you only get those if
you use the OS compiler, not a third-party gcc installation.

So in terms of my original message, my installation is clearly niche.
The possibly false-positive configure warning is a drop in the bucket
compared to the deprecation warnings from the compiler.  So it's
probably okay to leave this as is and encourage users to use openldap.