Re: calculating the MD5 hash of role passwords in C

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: calculating the MD5 hash of role passwords in C
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/22/20 12:58 PM, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día miércoles, enero 22, 2020 a las 03:32:17p. m. -0500, Justin escribió:
>
>> Not sure what your after  but  here is more information regarding how to
>> store passwords in Postgresql,  ...
>
> I just want to write a piece of C-code to generate the same string as
> stored in rolpassword based on the roles password (and as I learned
> added the rolname), i.e. how to generate md52f128a1fbbecc4b16462e8fc8dda5cd5
> from sisis123 (password) and sisis (rolename). And this, not to brute
> force credentials, but to understand the hash.

The way Postgres does it:

https://doxygen.postgresql.org/src_2common_2md5_8c.html#ad1cda4632643f79bbb60f0466fec0e41

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Matthias Apitz
Сообщение: Re: calculating the MD5 hash of role passwords in C
От: Phil Fisher
Сообщение: Clarification of documentation detail for upgrading minor version