Re: Real application clustering in postgres.

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: Real application clustering in postgres.
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Am 05.03.20 um 13:07 schrieb Laurenz Albe:
> There is a closed-source implementation that you can buy:
> https://www.2ndquadrant.com/en/resources/postgres-bdr-2ndquadrant/
>
> But multi-master replication is complicated to get right, and
> an applicatoin that uses it has to be specifically designed for that.

Depends. We have an automation tool for setup (TPAexec), and as long you
are not using special feature like CAMO (Commit At Most Once) you can
use applications without changes.
(you have to set some parameters, for instance for sequences)

It works well, we have a lot of happy customers. Some of them using it
for globally distributed databases, other for high availability with 5
nines.
Here you can find more information:
https://www.2ndquadrant.com/en/resources/postgres-bdr-2ndquadrant/

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com