Re: Cleanup - Removal of unused function parameter fromCopyReadBinaryAttribute

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Cleanup - Removal of unused function parameter fromCopyReadBinaryAttribute
Дата
Re: Cleanup - Removal of unused function parameter from CopyReadBinaryAttribute  (vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2020/06/18 23:09, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 7:01 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> While checking copy from code I found that the function parameter
>> column_no is not used in CopyReadBinaryAttribute. I felt this could be
>> removed.
>> Attached patch contains the changes for the same.
>> Thoughts?
>>

> I don't see any problem in removing this extra parameter.
>
> However another thought, can it be used to report a bit meaningful
> error for field size < 0 check?

column_no was used for that purpose in the past, but commit 0e319c7ad7
changed that. If we want to use column_no in the log message again,
it's better to check why commit 0e319c7ad7 got rid of column_no from
the message.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao