Re: postgresql transaction id monitoring with nagios

От Tony Wasson
Тема Re: postgresql transaction id monitoring with nagios
Дата
Re: postgresql transaction id monitoring with nagios
Список pgsql-performance
On 5/2/06, Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org> wrote:

> On May 2, 2006, at 2:26 PM, Tony Wasson wrote:
>
> > The script detects a wrap at 2 billion. It starts warning once one or
> > more databases show an age over 1 billion transactions. It reports
> > critical at 1.5B transactions. I hope everyone out there is vacuuming
> > *all* databases often.
>
> Something seems wrong... I just ran your script against my
> development database server which is vacuumed daily and it said I was
> 53% of the way to 2B.  Seemed strange to me, so I re-ran "vacuum -a -
> z" to vacuum all databases (as superuser), reran the script and got
> the same answer.

Ah thanks, it's a bug in my understanding of the thresholds.

"With the standard freezing policy, the age column will start at one
billion for a freshly-vacuumed database."

So essentially, 1B is normal, 2B is the max. The logic is now..

The script detects a wrap at 2 billion. It starts warning once one or
more databases show an age over 1.5 billion transactions. It reports
critical at 1.75B transactions.

If anyone else understands differently, hit me with a clue bat.

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: postgresql transaction id monitoring with nagios
Сообщение: Re: postgresql transaction id monitoring with nagios