Re: More new SQL/JSON item methods

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: More new SQL/JSON item methods
Дата
Re: More new SQL/JSON item methods  (Jeevan Chalke <jeevan.chalke@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 29.08.23 09:05, Jeevan Chalke wrote:
> v1-0001-Implement-jsonpath-.bigint-.integer-and-.number-m.patch
>
> This commit implements jsonpath .bigint(), .integer(), and .number()
> methods.  The JSON string or a numeric value is converted to the
> bigint, int4, and numeric type representation.

A comment that applies to all of these: These add various keywords,
switch cases, documentation entries in some order.  Are we happy with
that?  Should we try to reorder all of that for better maintainability
or readability?

> v1-0002-Implement-.date-.time-.time_tz-.timestamp-and-.ti.patch
>
> This commit implements jsonpath .date(), .time(), .time_tz(),
> .timestamp(), .timestamp_tz() methods.  The JSON string representing
> a valid date/time is converted to the specific date or time type
> representation.
>
> The changes use the infrastructure of the .datetime() method and
> perform the datatype conversion as appropriate.  All these methods
> accept no argument and use ISO datetime formats.

These should accept an optional precision argument.  Did you plan to add
that?

> v1-0003-Implement-jsonpath-.boolean-and-.string-methods.patch
>
> This commit implements jsonpath .boolean() and .string() methods.

This contains a compiler warning:

../src/backend/utils/adt/jsonpath_exec.c: In function
'executeItemOptUnwrapTarget':
../src/backend/utils/adt/jsonpath_exec.c:1162:86: error: 'tmp' may be
used uninitialized [-Werror=maybe-uninitialized]

> v1-0004-Implement-jasonpath-.decimal-precision-scale-meth.patch
>
> This commit implements jsonpath .decimal() method with optional
> precision and scale.  If precision and scale are provided, then
> it is converted to the equivalent numerictypmod and applied to the
> numeric number.

This also contains compiler warnings:

../src/backend/utils/adt/jsonpath_exec.c: In function
'executeItemOptUnwrapTarget':
../src/backend/utils/adt/jsonpath_exec.c:1403:53: error: declaration of
'numstr' shadows a previous local [-Werror=shadow=compatible-local]
../src/backend/utils/adt/jsonpath_exec.c:1442:54: error: declaration of
'elem' shadows a previous local [-Werror=shadow=compatible-local]

There is a typo in the commit message: "Implement jasonpath"

Any reason this patch is separate from 0002?  Isn't number() and
decimal() pretty similar?

You could also update src/backend/catalog/sql_features.txt in each patch
(features T865 through T878).