Re: [HACKERS] Declarative partitioning - another take

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Declarative partitioning - another take
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2016/12/12 23:14, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 12/7/16 1:20 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
>> I've committed 0001 - 0006 with that correction and a few other
>> adjustments.  There's plenty of room for improvement here, and almost
>> certainly some straight-up bugs too, but I think we're at a point
>> where it will be easier and less error-prone to commit follow on
>> changes incrementally rather than by continuously re-reviewing a very
>> large patch set for increasingly smaller changes.
>
> This page
> <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/ddl-partitioning.html>,
> which is found via the index entry for "Partitioning", should be updated
> for the new functionality.

A patch was included to do that, but it didn't do more than replacing the
old DDL listing by the new partitioning commands.  As Robert said in the
email you quoted, that's not enough.  So I'm trying to come up with a
patch updating the page explaining the new functionality better.

Thanks,
Amit