Re: [GENERAL] Error dumping 9.4: could not parse numeric array

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Error dumping 9.4: could not parse numeric array
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/03/2017 03:19 AM, Devrim Gündüz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to take backup on my laptop, but getting an error. This is
> PostgreSQL 9.4.10 on Fedora 25, installed using the community RPMS.
>
> pg_dump: could not parse numeric array "2281": too many numbers
>
> I can see this string in src/bin/pg_dump/common.c, but no idea why this
> happens. gdb also did not give much info:

> Reading symbols from /usr/pgsql-9.4/bin/pg_dump...Reading symbols from
/usr/lib/debug/usr/pgsql-9.4/bin/pg_dump.debug...done.
> done.
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /usr/pgsql-9.4/bin/pg_dump
> Missing separate debuginfos, use: dnf debuginfo-install glibc-2.24-4.fc25.x86_64
> Using host libthread_db library "/lib64/libthread_db.so.1".
> pg_dump: could not parse numeric array "2281": too many numbers
> [Inferior 1 (process 13625) exited with code 01]
>
> pg_dump -v output is:

> pg_dump: reading extensions
> pg_dump: identifying extension members
> pg_dump: reading schemas
> pg_dump: reading user-defined tables
> pg_dump: reading user-defined functions
> pg_dump: could not parse numeric array "2281": too many numbers
>
> Any idea why this is happening, and how can I find a solution?

Well following parseOidArray from src/bin/pg_dump/common.c to
pg_common.sh indicates that one of the places it is used is the section
for dumping functions:
parseOidArray(protrftypes, typeids, FUNC_MAX_ARGS);

Not sure exactly what is going on here, but since it seems to occur
while reading functions I have to wonder if has something to do with too
many arguments in a function?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: John McKown
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] COPY: row is too big
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Error dumping 9.4: could not parse numeric array