Re: dbeaver

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: dbeaver
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4/1/20 9:17 AM, Roberto Della Pasqua wrote:
> Hello, please some questions about a newbie Postgresql user:
>
> - what is the best method to keep the data replicated (for backup purposes):
> Can be possible to deploy a master/slave with realtime data replication and adding a storage where do a journaled
backupof the database, eg. a backup incremental or GTF schema files? Which commands works better at low level for
backgroundbackup/restore?

The above is book in itself.

To help more information is needed:

Postgres version(s) involved?

Size of dataset?

OS(es) involved?

Network distance between master standby(s)?

For some high level overview:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/different-replication-solutions.html

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/high-availability.html

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/app-pgdump.html

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/app-pgrestore.html

> - does dbeaver is a good frontend for pg administration?

I use the Postgres client psql for administration. I rarely use GUI
frontends so I can't comment on DBeaver.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com