Re: Installing Postgres 8.1 on Windows Server 2003 R2

От Postgres User
Тема Re: Installing Postgres 8.1 on Windows Server 2003 R2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
That's what I was afraid of... it's a new install of Win Server 2003 R2, so I can rule out any third party firewall. Windows Firewall is NOT installed.  And I've installed Postgres on a Windows XP box behind the same router, so it's not a router-firewall issue.

It's probably a new R2 feature, I'll ping someone at Microsoft because I don't have a clue at this point what the problem is...

Jon

On 1/8/06, Magnus Hagander <mha@sollentuna.net> wrote:
> Has anyone tried to install Postgres on Windows Sever 2003
> version R2?  R2 is actually shipping as a 'new' Microsoft
> product- it's basically an interim update to Windows Server (
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/r2/whatsnewinr2.msp
> x <http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/r2/whatsnewinr2.mspx> ).

Not that I know of, but it's been on my list of things to try :-)

> I've installed Postgres on other versions of Windows with no
> problem, so I'm afraid that the error I'm seeing now is
> related to some great new 'feature' from Microsoft.  Here's
> the error message returned by Postgres before install begins-
> Error binding the test network socket: 10013

That error means: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way
forbidden by its access permissions.

> Microsoft Antispyware has been turned off (closed the
> application) and Windows Firewall isn't running.  There's no
> other AV or firewall software on this system yet.
>
> Any ideas on what might be going on?

It certainly *sounds* a lot like a firewall issue :-) I'd double and
triple check that. We've seen it several times before and it has AFAIK
always been a firewall.

//Magnus