armadillo major update 10 to 12 in epel

От Holger Schiebold
Тема armadillo major update 10 to 12 in epel
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
dear list,

it seems that again armadillo major update in epel (this time from 10 to
12) breaks the gdal3* packages in postgres yum repos (RHEL 8 and 9), so
we cannot use  certain packages from postgres el repositories and yum
update on machines with both repositories is broken.

Will there be builds of the gdal3*  packages against the new armadillo
12 package from epel to solve that or do we have to do other things
while we use postgres and epel repositories?

Btw. - why the epel guys do major upgrades of this library - isn't it
completely against the el way of things? Was this ever discussed with
the epel guys?

best regards Holger

mit freundlichen Grüßen

--