Re: a simple-minded question about updating

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: a simple-minded question about updating
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 5/19/23 07:25, Martin Mueller wrote:
> I currently work with Postgres 13. I forgot to mention that. From which
> I gather that around version 18 it would be time to upgrade. But in the
> interim I’d be OK.
>
> Right?

Strictly speaking yes, though the longer you wait the greater the number
of changes you will have to deal with. It is a good idea to read the
Release Notes:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/release.html

for each new release to see how far away the new code is getting from
your existing version. Breaking changes are restricted(with some
exceptions) to the X.0 release where X is new major version. So you can
save some time by just looking at the notes for the .0 releases.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com