Re: BUG #17406: Segmentation fault on GiST index after 14.2 upgrade

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: BUG #17406: Segmentation fault on GiST index after 14.2 upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2/24/22 19:36, Tomas Vondra wrote:

> Attached is a patch that fixes this, but I wonder what will happen to
> new indexes created on 13+. Will check.

Unfortunately, the patch fixes indexes built on PG12, but it also breaks
indexes created after pg_upgrade :-(

I'm not sure if a good solution even exists, because we can't really
distinguish those indexes. It only affects ltree_gist, though, and we
didn't get any other reports so far, so either few people are using it
or have not upgraded yet.

I've created a thread on pgsql-hackers [1], where it might get more
attention from other developers. Maybe they'll have a better idea on how
to fix this.

regards

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/d80e0a55-6c3e-5b26-53e3-3c4f973f737c%40enterprisedb.com