How do I extract ONE particular field, when multiple table contain the same field name?

От olle.wijk@systecon.se (Olle Wijk)
Тема How do I extract ONE particular field, when multiple table contain the same field name?
Дата
Re: How do I extract ONE particular field, when multiple table contain the same field name?  (Christof Glaser <gcg@gl.aser.de>)
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

I am pretty new att using SQL-quires, could anyone help me with this
one:

I want to do the following SQL-query:

Select XID, DENOM, PRICE, FRT, CTID From XItem xi, Category c Where
xi.System=1 and xi.Category=c.Index

the problem is that the field 'DENOM' is present in both table 'XItem'
and
'Category' (it is a text description field where you explain whatever
you
want). Therefore I get the following complaint when I run the query:
Error msg: "The specified fiel 'DENOM' could refer to more than one
table listed
in the FROM clause of your SQL-statement"

The DENOM-field I actually want is the one belonging to the
XItem-table.
I would most appreciate if someone could give me a hint how to alter
the
SELECT-statement above so that it does what I want.

Regards

/olw

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: