Re: index access method documentation light on details on ii_AmCache

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: index access method documentation light on details on ii_AmCache
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Wed, Sep 13, 2023, at 6:48 PM, Seebs wrote:
On Wed, 13 Sep 2023 15:48:41 -0300
"Euler Taveira" <euler@eulerto.com> wrote:

> Unless you change it, ii_Context is CurrentMemoryContext (see
> makeIndexInfo). Hence, your AM state information is freed when the
> current memory context is freed.

A thing I am now wondering:

Is there anything in the postgresql documentation which explains this,
or says when a given memory context will be freed? Like, is the
ii_Context there for the lifetime of the index? For the lifetime of the
query? For the lifetime of a single insert operation?

AFAICS there isn't a chapter dedicated to memory contexts in the documentation.
Did you check the README that I pointed out in the previous email? Most of the
developer information is available in README files in the source code. Server
Programming and Internals contain useful information for Postgres hackers too.

--
Euler Taveira

Сообщение: Re: index access method documentation light on details on ii_AmCache
Сообщение: Re: index access method documentation light on details on ii_AmCache