New at this. Commissioning for the first time:

От sa92003@yahoo.com (Rob)
Тема New at this. Commissioning for the first time:
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi Everyone,

I'm brand new at this, and am trying to set up PostgreSQL for the very
first time.  It looks like my installation of RH9 a few weeks ago has
installed the database proper, and now all I need to do is create a
few files and commission the application so that I can see "template1"
and proceed from there.

I had set up the directory...
     /usr/local/pgsql/data

and then typed...
     postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

and the shell reply is...
     FATAL: data directory /usr/local/pgsql/data has group or world
access;
     permissions should be u=rwx (0700)

Being new at Un*x as well, I only know a fair amount about how to
change permissions.  Emacs says the directory currently has these
permissions on the directory:
     drwxr-xr-x

What instructions should I issue in order to meet the requirement?
     chmod [what?]

Thank you for any information that you can provide.