Re: pgsql: Store 2PC GID in commit/abort WAL recs for logicaldecoding

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: pgsql: Store 2PC GID in commit/abort WAL recs for logicaldecoding
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/04/18 03:24, Michael Paquier wrote:
> +   /* twophase_gid follows if XINFO_HAS_GID. As a null-terminated string. */
> +   /* xl_xact_origin follows if XINFO_HAS_ORIGIN, stored unaligned! */
>
> Worth mentioning that the first one is also unaligned with your patch?

Hmm. 'twophase_gid' is actually 4-byte aligned here. But it's a string,
so it doesn't matter whether it it is or not.

> And that all the last fields of xl_xact_commit and xl_xact_abort are
> kept as such on purpose?

I think that's clear without an explicit comment. If it wasn't on
purpose, we wouldn't have a comment pointing it out (or we would fix it
so that it was aligned).

Pushed, thanks for the review!

- Heikki