Re: Please recommend postgresql.conf improvements for osm2pgsql loading Europe

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: Please recommend postgresql.conf improvements for osm2pgsql loading Europe
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2024-03-31 04:07, Alexander Farber wrote:
> Turning fsync = off has resulted in no noticable build time reduction
> for
> my Dockerfile with OSM Europe data, but still thank you for the
> suggestion!

No worries. :)

With this import you're doing, is it something that will be repeated a
lot
with the exact same data set, or is this a once off thing?

If it's something that'll be repeated a lot (maybe part of some
automated
process?), then it might be worth making a backup / snapshot / something
of the database after the import has completed.

With a backup or snapshot in place (depends on the storage you're
using),
you could potentially load things from that backup / snapshot (etc)
instead
of having to do the import all over again each time.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Сообщение: Re: Please recommend postgresql.conf improvements for osm2pgsql loading Europe
Сообщение: Re: Please recommend postgresql.conf improvements for osm2pgsql loading Europe