Re: How to prioritise walsender reading from pg_wal over WAL writes?

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: How to prioritise walsender reading from pg_wal over WAL writes?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, 2020-11-18 at 12:15 +0000, Alexey Bashtanov wrote:
> My reply did not get threaded appropriately.
> My original question was here:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/a74d5732-60fd-d18b-05fd-7b2b97099f19%40imap.cc
> I'd like to prioritize walsender for replication not to lag too much.
> Otherwise, when I have load spikes on master, standby lags, sometimes by
> hundreds of gigabytes.

I would first determine where the bottleneck is.

Is it really the walsender, or is it on the network or in the standby server's replay?

Check the difference between "sent_lsn", "replay_lsn" from "pg_stat_replication" and
pg_current_wal_lsn() on the primary.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe