Re: small but useful patches for text search

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: small but useful patches for text search
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mar 16, 2009, at 1:41 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> A saner policy would mandate that large patches land near the start of
> a development cycle, but I don't know how we get people to do that.

I think that if you can strictly time-limit the final CommitFest in
the same way that you time-limit the others, then whatever doesn't get
in that last one will be deferred to the first fest for the next major
version.

For those patches that *do* get in for the last CommitFest, they have
to be ready within a month of the last day of the CommitFest month. So
if the last fest for 8.4 was December, then any patches not ready by
Feb 1 would be put off.

This doesn't guarantee that people will get those big patches in
earlier, but it will surely encourage them to do so.

Just an idea.

Best,

David

Сообщение: Re: small but useful patches for text search
Сообщение: Re: small but useful patches for text search