Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
This is more or less the same as Kris's suggestion of setting the
server's time zone to the JVM's time zone, except
we can track time zone changes using the NOTICE messages.

So if the user were to create a connection and then subsequently
change the JVM's default time zone. Which isn't that
far fetched if the user is using a connection pool. The driver would
remain in sync with the server's time zone.

On 20-Jul-05, at 9:09 PM, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> Dave Cramer wrote:
>

>> If we track the server's timezone in the driver, then if we get a
>> timezone that we don't understand
>> we can just use the JVM's default time zone.

This is just a safe fallback position that's no worse than what we
have now

--dc--