Re: About PostgreSQL certification

От Theo Schlossnagle
Тема Re: About PostgreSQL certification
Дата
Re: About PostgreSQL certification  (Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>)
Re: About PostgreSQL certification  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jan 23, 2007, at 4:33 PM, David Fetter wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 11:52:08AM -0200, Iannsp wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I did like to know what you think about the postgresql
>> certifications provided for
>>
>> PostgreSQL CE http://www.sraoss.co.jp/postgresql-ce/news_en.html
>>
>> CertFirst http://www.certfirst.com/postgreSql.htm
>>
>> My question is about the validate of this certification for the
>> clients.  Make difference to be certified?
>
> Clueful clients will look unfavorably on any "PostgreSQL
> certification" you have.  They will instead insist on experience and
> references, as clueful clients do. :)

I don't believe that's true.  Oracle certification means quite a
bit.  Cisco certification is excellent.  Sun certification is
decent.  If the PostgreSQL certifications don't mean much it is a
problem with the particular vendor of the certificate and you (as a
PostgreSQL entity) should contest their right to use PostgreSQL name
in their advertising or marketing.  Certification programs can and
should mean something.

We offer training programs here and have considered offering OmniTI
certifications in the future.  I wouldn't offer then unless I thought
it meant something that companies "out there" could rely on.  Many
other certifying entities have the same approach.

// Theo Schlossnagle
// CTO -- http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/
// OmniTI Computer Consulting, Inc. -- http://www.omniti.com/

Сообщение: Re: About PostgreSQL certification
Сообщение: Re: About PostgreSQL certification