Re: 10 weeks to feature freeze (Pending Work)

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: 10 weeks to feature freeze (Pending Work)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Henry B. Hotz (hotz@jpl.nasa.gov) wrote:
> If anyone is interested I currently have working-but-incomplete
> patches to support SASL in C.  I've decided not to finish and submit
> them because the glue code to make configuration reasonable, and to
> allow use of existing Postgres password databases with the password-
> based mechanisms is still significant.

I'd certainly like to take a look at it.  I'm not entirely sure I follow
what you mean by 'allow use of existing Postgres password databases'-
I'm not sure SASL support requires that ability (after all, if they want
to use the 'md5' or similar mechanism they can with the current
protocol).  Or am I missing something about how the SASL implementation
is done or intended to be used?  I'd tend to think it'd mainly be used
as a mechanism to support other authentication mechanisms which don't
use the internal Postgres passwords...
Thanks,
    Stephen

Сообщение: Re: BUG #2917: spi_prepare doesn't accept typename aliases
Сообщение: Re: BUG #2917: spi_prepare doesn't accept typename