Re: insert performance for win32

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: insert performance for win32
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

> "Merlin Moncure" <merlin.moncure@rcsonline.com> writes:
> > yeah.  I'm guessing problem is in the mingw flex/bison (which I
really,
> > really hope is not the case) or some other win32 specific block of
code.
> > I'm snooping around there...
>
> Maybe I'm confused here, but I thought we had established that the
local
> and remote cases behave differently for you?  If so I'd suppose that
it
> must be a networking issue, and there's little point in looking inside
> psql.

The local case is *worse*...presumably because psql is competing with
the server for cpu time...cpu load is pegged at 100%.  On the remote
case, I'm getting 50-60% cpu load which is way to high.  The problem is
definitely in psql.

Merlin

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: insert performance for win32
От: Michal Taborsky
Сообщение: Re: Searching union views not using indices