Re: improvise callbacks in plpgsql

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: improvise callbacks in plpgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Would you be willing to write up an example of this? We often get
asked
> about support for WITH, so I bet there's other people who would be
very
> interested in what you've got.

Sure. In fact, I had already decided this to be the next topic on my
blog.  I'm assuming you are asking about tools to deal with recursive
sets in postgresql.  A plpgsql solution is extremely fast, tight, and
easy if you do it right...Tom's latest suggestions (I have to flesh this
out some more) provide the missing piece puzzle to make it really tight
from a classic programming perspective.  I don't miss the recursive
query syntax at all...IMO it's pretty much a hack anyways (to SQL).

Merlin

Сообщение: Re: insert performance for win32
Сообщение: Re: insert performance for win32