Re: Application bottlenecks

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Application bottlenecks
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
> Hi Merlin...
>
> We have an application that he uses one extfh that was modified by us
> so that it has access Oracle bases natively through the use of
> ProCobol.  I am interested in its work, would like to get greaters
> information.
>
> We use Microfocus NetExpress 3.0.
>
> Cleber.
>
> 2005/9/8, Merlin Moncure <merlin.moncure@rcsonline.com>:
> > Hi Carlos, I am working on project right now you might be interested
in,
> namely a extfh interface to postgresql and a isam wrapper for libpq.
> already have an isam bridge working direct to postgresql from AcuCobol
> without using odbc or a commercial driver.  I just need to convert it
> extfh and do a few other things to support microfocus.
> >
> > Merlin

I have a project open on gborg called 'postisam'.  Right now there is no
code and no information on it...but right now I am developing a COBOL
ERP which works with postgresql and AcuCobol.  The reason why there is
no public code is that the AcuCobol file interface requires re-linking
the runtime and AcuCorp does not grant redistribution rights on the key
header files required to do that.

With version 7.0 AcuCorp now supports extfh file interfaces so I will
convert my current project to support extfh.  In theory, this will allow
postisam to support any cobol compiler that supports extfh.  Over the
next couple of weeks I am going to be updating the PostISAM site with
new information and sending in the code that was been reworked with all
the AcuCorp stuff removed and made more portable.

Merlin