От: Merlin Moncure
Тема: Re: Finding bottleneck
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Finding bottleneck  (Kari Lavikka, )
 Re: Finding bottleneck  (Gavin Sherry, )
 Re: Finding bottleneck  (Claus Guttesen, )
 Re: Finding bottleneck  ("Merlin Moncure", )
 Re: Finding bottleneck  ("Luke Lonergan", )
  Re: Finding bottleneck  (Kari Lavikka, )
   Re: Finding bottleneck  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Finding bottleneck  ("Merlin Moncure", )
  Re: Finding bottleneck  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Finding bottleneck  (Kari Lavikka, )
   Re: Finding bottleneck  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: Finding bottleneck  (Kari Lavikka, )
     Re: Finding bottleneck  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: Finding bottleneck  (Kari Lavikka, )
     Re: Finding bottleneck  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Finding bottleneck  (Ron, )
 Re: Finding bottleneck  ("Merlin Moncure", )
  Re: Finding bottleneck  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Finding bottleneck  ("Merlin Moncure", )
 Re: Finding bottleneck  ("Merlin Moncure", )
  Re: Finding bottleneck  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Finding bottleneck  ("Merlin Moncure", )

> That seems quite peculiar; AFAICS the pgstat code shouldn't be any
> slower than before.  At first I thought it might be because we'd
> increased PGSTAT_ACTIVITY_SIZE, but actually that happened before
> 8.0 release, so it shouldn't be a factor in this comparison.

Just FYI the last time I looked at stats was in the 8.0 beta period.

> Can anyone else confirm a larger penalty for stats_command_string in
> HEAD than in 8.0?  A self-contained test case would be nice too.

looking into it.

Merlin