Re: pg_locks view versus prepared transactions

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: pg_locks view versus prepared transactions
Дата
Re: pg_locks view versus prepared transactions  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think the minimum thing we ought to do about this is add an XID
> column to pg_locks to show the transaction ID holding each lock.
> Then you could join that to pg_prepared_xacts to see what's what.
> I was also wondering about adding a current-XID column to
> pg_stat_activity, and encouraging people to join pg_locks and
> pg_stat_activity on XID instead of PID.

That would be awesome.  Is there any performance penalty to do this?  (I
don't care about performance of pg_lock_status function execution, just
overall overhead).

> Ultimately we should maybe even remove PID from pg_locks, but probably
> for backwards compatibility it'd have to be deprecated for a release
> or two first.

It is interesting to note that systems with stats disabled are unable to
get lock owner information in this case (so what?).

Merlin