Re: PostgreSQL - linked with MSSQL

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: PostgreSQL - linked with MSSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
> pk2@o2.pl wrote:
> > Generally I would like to have the same possibility to make an:
> > INSERT INTO [Postgres_server].mydatabase.user.mytable
> > (id, data1, data2, data3)
> > SELECT
> > id, data1, data2, data3
> > FROM [remote_mssql].remotedatabase.dbo.table2
>
> The quick solution (and the one I always use) is to setup ODBC for
> postgresql, then create an MS-Access database that links to both. Add
> bunch of queries/vba and you're done.

Another solution along the same vein is to use DTS (Data transformation
services) to manipulate the data.  The nice thing about dts is it can
integrate right into the scheduler so you can 'publish' the data between
different data sources.

DTS is free with the desktop edition of sql server, :-).

Merlin

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL - linked with MSSQL
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL - linked with MSSQL