Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Uhmmm no :) There is no such thing as a select trigger. The closest
you
> would get
> is a function that is called via select which could be detected by
> making sure
> you are prepending with a BEGIN or START Transaction. Thus yes pgPool
> can be made
> to do this.

Technically, you can also set up a rule to do things on a select with DO
ALSO. However putting update statements in there would be considered (at
least by me) very bad form.  Note that this is not a trigger because it
does not operate at the row level [I know you knew that already :-)].

Merlin