Re: Oracle VP on MySQL

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Oracle VP on MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Ned Lilly wrote:
> Furthermore, the low level of resources available to MySQL to fund
> development and the very small size of their development team raise
> questions about the viability of the MySQL business model and
technology
> development path going forward.

His alternative speech,

"Hey, MySQL is a great product.  Heck, we even use it here for our own
internal accounting applications.  Why spend 10k$ on a database when you
can get the same thing for a fraction of the cost along with the source
code?  Next round of drinks is on me!"

was narrowly voted down by the Oracle board of directors.

Merlin