Re: Slow performance with join on many fields

От Alex Johnson
Тема Re: Slow performance with join on many fields
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Tom-
Thanks for the speedy reply.

> That's on the picayune side yet.  1000 buffers or so is where you want
> to be, I think.  Also, have you run ANALYZE or VACUUM ANALYZE lately?

VACUUM ANALYSE did it.... (doh!...now I feel stupid). I had run VACUUM
and VACUUM ANALYZE from pgAdmin, yesterday. After running it from the
command line now, It's much improved (~ 2-3 secs).  I'm now looking
into getting my kernel to increase the SHMAX parameter so I can bump up
the shared buffers some more.

Thanks again for the speedy help, and sorry for the obvious goof.

Alex Johnson
______
A r e t e   S y s t e m s
Alexander Johnson, P.E.