Re: Ways to edit users and permissions for database

От Alexander Reichstadt
Тема Re: Ways to edit users and permissions for database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks, creation works fine, but how do I read existing permissions through SQL, is there some SELECT-statement I can
use?

Am 14.03.2012 um 08:43 schrieb John R Pierce:

> On 03/14/12 12:38 AM, Alexander Reichstadt wrote:
>> this was probably asked dozens of times before, but I couldn't find where, and neither in the docs and what I found
onthe web didn't make sense. I found how to create users and check their permissions using terminal. But I need to
alterand create users and permissions through libpq or SQL directly. I also found there to be a reference on the
INFORMATION_SCHEMA,but still couldn't make sense out of these tables in the given context. This is to make a user
administrationinside the client frontend. What approach would be recommended for this purpose?