Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED

От Zeugswetter Andreas OSB sIT
Тема Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The user running initdb (or the postmaster) needs
> SeCreateGlobalPrivilege - which is something we cannot really start

Why not ? Doesn't the pg installer already tweak the permissions of the
installation user. On XP you can connect to session 0, so that is an alternative on XP.

> telling people they must have. My view is that we revert the change
> (well, replace it with something that looks less like a broken attempt
> to use the global namespace) and leave it at that. iirc, the use of

yea, removing the +18 is grotesque, since it moves the shmem into the private
session but gives it a very misleading name (Global\ --> Global/).

> the global namespace is there to ensure things work as they should
> under a non-console terminal services session - which is pretty rare
> and can usually be avoided.

Hm? non-console is the default for remote, and all you can get in Vista/2008 and up.

The reason it should be in the Global namespace is that shmem is one part of
detecting an existing postmaster. Especially in situations where the db is started
by hand, the protection against duplicate startup is important.

Andreas