Re: copy losing information

От Silvela, Jaime \(Exchange\)
Тема Re: copy losing information
Дата
Список pgsql-general
No lines contain quotes. And the same file will sometimes be fully
imported, and sometimes lose data. I'm thinking that under heavy loads,
the database is discarding INSERTS.

thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 4:14 PM
To: Silvela, Jaime (Exchange)
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] copy losing information

"Silvela, Jaime \(Exchange\)" <JSilvela@Bear.com> writes:
> I've started to notice missing info sometimes. I'll truncate the
table,
> read from the file, and notice that sometimes there are less rows in
the
> table than in the file.

Have you made any attempt to determine *which* rows are missing?
I'm wondering about sloppy quoting allowing lines to get joined,
or some such.

Bear Stearns does not provide tax, legal or accounting advice.  You
should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before
engaging in any transaction. In order for Bear Stearns to comply with
Internal Revenue Service Circular 230 (if applicable), you are notified
that any discussion of U.S. federal tax issues contained or referred to
herein is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for
the purpose of:  (A) avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the
Internal Revenue Code; nor (B) promoting, marketing or recommending to
another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.