Temporary table visibility

От James Croft
Тема Temporary table visibility
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

I've had a look at through the list archives but haven't found an
answer to this one. Any suggestions appreciated (aside from ones
suggesting that I should not need to do this ;-)...

- A normal table foo is created in a database.
- Clients connect to the database, some create a temp table foo some
don't.

(only one postgresql user is being used to connect to the database if
that matters)

How does a client determine if table foo is temporary or not?

Or put another way...

How can I determine what temporary tables exist in my session,
bearing in mind that other sessions contain temp tables using the
same names?

Many thanks,

James

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Any
offers or quotation of service are subject to formal specification.
Errors and omissions excepted.  Please note that any views or opinions
necessarily represent those of Lumison, nplusone or lightershade ltd.
presence of viruses.  Lumison, nplusone and lightershade ltd accepts no

Virus scanned by Lumison.