Re: More Snow Leopard problems...

От Jerry LeVan
Тема Re: More Snow Leopard problems...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sep 6, 2009, at 7:29 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Jerry LeVan <jerry.levan@eku.edu> writes:
>> I have compiled a 32 bit ( CC="gcc -arch i386" ) version of
>> PG 8.4.0.
>
> Since that's not the default on SL, have you tried 64 bit?
>
>> could not lookup DNS configuration info service: (ipc/send) invalid
>> destination port
>> LOG:  could not resolve "localhost": nodename nor servname provided,
>> or not known
>> LOG:  disabling statistics collector for lack of working socket
>> WARNING:  autovacuum not started because of misconfiguration
>> HINT:  Enable the "track_counts" option.
>> DNSServiceDiscoveryLookupServer(): {/SourceCache/mDNSResponder/
>> mDNSResponder-212.1/mDNSMacOSX/DNSServiceDiscovery.c:143}
>> bootstrap_look_up() failed: $10000003
>
> I wonder whether adding or removing --with-bonjour (whichever way
> you didn't configure it) would make a difference.
>
>             regards, tom lane

I have killed my database....

I rebuilt Postgresql 8.4.0 as a 64 bit system without bonjour...no
errors

I stopped the backend via pg_ctl stop -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

I installed the freshly compiled code

I restarted the postgresql backend with /sbin/SystemStarted start
PostgreSQK

The system does not start because of a checksum error in a control
file...

Here is the end of the logfile:
LOG:  received smart shutdown request      <--- the shutdown command
LOG:  shutting down
LOG:  database system is shut down
FATAL:  incorrect checksum in control file <--- when I try to restart.
FATAL:  incorrect checksum in control file <--- second try at
restarting...

Is there any way I can recover?

Jerry