Re: DB become enormous with continuos insert and update

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: DB become enormous with continuos insert and update
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 27 Oct 2010, at 24:22, Hfe80 wrote:

> We tried everything...vacumm works.
> The problem is that updates need more space becouse datas is not overwritten
> in the same space...
> it seems that when there is huge update db grow to create space necessary
> ...700 Mb every time and than vacuum works but only since next update! and
> db grow 700Mb more and 700 Mb more....
>
> It seems a bug
>
> Sorry for my english that isn't so good :(

Do you have any long-running transactions?
Rows can't be reclaimed while there are transactions active in which those rows are visible. So if you have
long-runningtransactions, those could be "locking" the deleted rows' space and prevent vacuum from re-using that space
fornew rows. That's one reason that could explain your database growth.

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4cc75a3310291878029243!