09.03.0100 is not compatible with Postgres-9.1.x

От Itnal, Prakash (NSN - IN/Bangalore)
Тема 09.03.0100 is not compatible with Postgres-9.1.x
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi,

We trying to migrate latest psqlODBC driver (09.03.0100) in our product. Our product runs postgres server 9.1.x.

Server version: 9.1.11
psql (9.1.11)
Type "help" for help.

DBTestHSBPostgres=# \q

psqlODBC version: 09.03.0100

What are the difference?
We enabled the Nagle Algorithm in psqlODBC driver to get better performances (this done after trial error).

What is error?
As soon as we start database client it throws below error. The same works fine with 09.01.200.

[unixODBC]Could not connect to the server;Could not set socket to NODELAY. (101)
isDBServerUp(): failed to connect to the db server, retrying after 1 second

Why is the upgrade?
We are upgrade psqlODBC driver because we have seen some unusual crashes in psqlODBC driver which are hard to reproduce. So we are trying to get the latest psqlODBC driver which seems to have quite a few bug fixes.

We have seen better performance with Nagle Algorithm enabled and not disabling TCP_NODELAY. I don’t know if disabling TCP_NODELAY may result in performance degradation. Anyway I can try this option, but at the same time I wanted to understand is that the only way! Or there is something really missing!

It would be great if someone help me to resolve this issue!

--
Regards,
Prakash I.