Re: MS Access, Unicode, Conversions & Foreign languages characters

От Philippe Lang
Тема Re: MS Access, Unicode, Conversions & Foreign languages characters
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi,

Just in case it could help anyone: when you create a database in PG, you can specify an encoding. For french, I use
LATIN1,and the result is perfect. I can see the accents in Access, with the latest (non-unicode) ODBC driver.

But that's not all! I have noticed an huge speed improvement. The database was quick before, now it is even better. A
databasethat needed more than 20 seconds to be created now only needs 5 seconds. Can that be due to the new encoding,
orto the fact I have dropped and created the database again?

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Philippe Lang
Envoyé : dimanche, 16. novembre 2003 14:24
À : PostgreSQL ODBC
Objet : [ODBC] MS Access, Unicode, Conversions & Foreign languages
characters

Hello,

Did anyone find a solution to the problem of foreign languages character encoding, when data is accessed through MS
Access2000? Characters with accents appear correctly in PG Admin 3.0, but not when they go through ODBC.

I have read different things on the subject: The drivers supports Unicode UTF-9, but Access requires Unicode UCS-2, for
example.

Is there a workaround, for example by forcing a special encoding when doing a "CREATE DATABASE", or by using a "CREATE
CONVERSION"?

I'm using the latest driver.

Thanks

Philippe Lang