Re: Adding new joining alghoritm to postgresql

От Amit kapila
Тема Re: Adding new joining alghoritm to postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Friday, July 19, 2013 7:17 PM tubadzin wrote:

> Hi. I'm a little confused.   1.I have source code 9.2.4. version from http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/
> 2.I want to add new alghoritm to index nested loops join, merge join and hash join.
> I have Executor catalog in src catalag containing nodeHash.c, nodeHasjoin.c, nodeMergejoin and nodeNestloop.c
> 3.After changes, I want to compile postgresql and use it.
> 4.Problem is: a)I do not know which library is responsible for this functionality.
> I understand, that I have to compile src and replace library (I don't know which library) in path where Postgresql in
installed:C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\9.2
 I think you would need to copy postgres.exe. Ideally you need to copy all the libraries that got changed due to your
sourcecode change. In the link below, you can even find how to create installation from source.
> b)I don't know how use files/library (which library?) with visual studio 2010 and how compile it.      Find the
instructionsfor how to build on windows at below link:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/install-windows.html

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Allow background workers to be started dynamically.
От: didier
Сообщение: Re: Improvement of checkpoint IO scheduler for stable transaction responses