Re: 9.2RC1 wraps this Thursday ...

От Amit kapila
Тема Re: 9.2RC1 wraps this Thursday ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: Tom Lane [tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 10:31 PM
Amit Kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com> writes:
> [mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Tom Lane
>>> * pg_ctl crashes on Win32 when neither PGDATA nor -D specified

>>> I'm not sure that this qualifies as a release blocker either --- isn't
>>> it a plain-vanilla pre-existing bug?

>> This is to handle one part of the overall problem. Below is text from
>> previous mail discussion due to which new handling is introduced:
>> "
>> I note that "postgres -C data_directory" will refuse to run on the
>> command line because I've got admin privileges in Windows, and that
>> pg_ctl normally starts postgres.exe using CreateRestrictedProcess.
>> But it does not do so for the popen call in adjust_data_dir.

>Ah, okay, so that is a new bug in 9.2.  I've adjusted the description
>on the open-items page to reflect what still needs to be fixed.

>>> isn't there a way to actually test if we're in a restricted process?

>> Do you mean to say that it should check if pg_ctl runs as an administrative
>> user then do the re-fork in restricted mode.

>Something like that.  The proposed patch depends on there not being a
>conflicting environment variable, which seems rather fragile to me.

>Can't we test the same condition that postgres.exe itself would test? Yes, it should be possible. I will update the
patchtommorow and will post it here. And if there will be any problem in having the similar check as postgres.exe
itselfdoes, I shall find an  alternative and discuss the same.
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Slow tab completion w/ lots of tables
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Slow tab completion w/ lots of tables