Re: Give more space on Home page for Upcoming Events

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Give more space on Home page for Upcoming Events
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> > What's involved is taking a couple of pre-made
> words/phrases ("LATEST
> > NEWS", "UPCOMING EVENTS", "SUPPORT US", "SHORCUTS" etc etc)
> and turn
> > those into PNGs. In specific colors.
>
> OK, I can manage that, assuming the colors are specified in a
> way that Photoshop understands.  Where are the existing files
> --- I'd like to see if I can duplicate a couple?

Well, they're on the postgresql.org frontpage :_)
http://www.postgresql.org/layout/images/en/hdr_latestnews.png
http://www.postgresql.org/layout/images/en/hdr_upcomingevents.png
http://www.postgresql.org/layout/images/en/hdr_featureduser.png
http://www.postgresql.org/layout/images/en/hdr_supportus.png

etc

> > What would be even better is if it's in a font format that
> can be used
> > with some commandline tool to generate the files, that way it'll be
> > even easier if/when we want to change it.
>
> Hmm ... might be possible to render with Ghostscript, but
> getting it set up would probably take way more time than
> would ever be bought back :-(

Actually, I think you can do that with a simple GD program I've seen
somewhere - gd does libfreetype, which does type1 fonts.

> > So if you can check if she has Frutiger Roman and can use it, that
> > would be a big help. What font format would it be in? TTF?
>
> It'd likely be a Postscript font; that's what most of her stuff is.

Ok. Shuold work for both GD and Photoshop then.

//Magnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Give more space on Home page for Upcoming Events
Сообщение: Re: Give more space on Home page for Upcoming Events