Re: Not receiving ml posts

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Not receiving ml posts
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> >> I just restarted the name server(s), and same result ... I've even
> >> disabled the change I made the other day to 'disable recursive',
> >> restarted, same result ...
> >> so it isn't related to any change I've made recently :(
> >>
> >> Anyone out there with more knowledge of DNS then I have any ideas?
> >
> > whois says the domain expired very recently, and was
> updated Nov 17th.
> > My guess would be something expired before it was renewed and was
> > dropped from the zones for a while. Now you're probably
> just waiting
> > for the cache to clear...
>
> Where did you find that out?  According to whois here:
>
>    Domain Name: VARLENA.COM
>       Created on: 14-Nov-2002
>       Expires on: 12-Nov-2014
>       Last Updated on: 17-Nov-2005
>
> It was last updated Nov 17th *2005* ... a year ago ... neat

Beh. I can't read. That's of course correct. Sorry about the noise.

> thing is, shouldn't I be able to resolve from her name servers:
>
> postgresql# nslookup varlena.com JASMINE.NORCOV.COM ;;
> connection timed out; no servers could be reached
>
> postgresql# nslookup varlena.com KOLIBRI.NORCOV.COM ;;
> connection timed out; no servers could be reached

Both these nameservers are on the same network (bad, bad, but that's how
it is), maybe you'r ehaving routing problems to that network?

They both resolve varlena.com for me. (Though I can't tracerotue to
them, that drops at speakeasy.net somewhere)

//Magnus