Re: 8.2beta1 installation fails

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: 8.2beta1 installation fails
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Andrus,
>
> did you make sure you used the /console mode of remote desktop?
>

> On 10/24/06, Andrus <eetasoft@online.ee > wrote:
>
>     I ran msi installation package downloaded from
> postgresql.org <http://postgresql.org>  from remote
>     desktop.
>     I selected Estonian locale, UTF-8 database encoding.
>

> it is a known limitation that installtion via remote desktop
> without /console does not work.
>
> Easiest solution: use VNC :)

Actually, that's not entirely so. I've seen it work just fine many times
on Windows 2003 with 8.2, so the check has been removed in 8.2. And this
is not the same problem - because with that problem it would run initdb
and give a log with an error on it.

It would still be interesting to know if made a difference if you were
on the console, though

//Magnus