Re: Draft release notes

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Draft release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>Here is an early draft of the release notes.  It needs more polish and
>review:
>
>    http://momjian.us/cgi-bin/pgrelease
>
>I will catch up on my email tomorrow, update the open items list for
>8.2, and then return to the release notes for cleanup.

* Allow regression tests to be run on Win32 without MinGW (Magnus, Tom)

This is not entirsely correect. What was done was a re-implementation of
pg_regress in C from shellscript. This is a prerequisite for running the
tests completely without mingw, but you can't do that yet (there needs
to be rules in the VC build stuff to deal with the regression output
files that need to be edited, for example - this is done with sed from
the Makefile today.

//Magnus