Re: Sun Server Location

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Sun Server Location
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> Folks,
>
> Sun is donating a T2000 to the PostgreSQL project for
> performance/Solaris
> compatibility testing.   I can think of two reasonable places
> to host it
> right now: GigAve (Sean Chittenden) or OSL.  Gavin Roy is
> willing to host it (in principle) but is short rackspace at
> the moment.
>
> Since OSL is already hosting Sun servers for Apache and Debian, I'm
> inclined to send it there.   Any objections?
>
> Too bad I need this for testing ... it would make a kick-ass
> mail/web server.  16 cores, 32GB RAM.

If it's not an "infrastructure server" (web/mail/etc) it doesn't really
matter where it is hosted, IMHO - as long as there are on-site techs to
help you if things go bad. (If it's web etc, we need to look at getting
good distribution etc) So no objectinos from me.
It could actually be a point not to "over-stress" the places where we
can expect further offers for hosting servers that are more critical.
From that perspective, OSL seems a very good choice.

(Hey, I can host it here if I get to play with it for personal stuff
instaed of pg stuff :-P)

//Magnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: