Re: pg_dump -Ft failed on Windows XP

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: pg_dump -Ft failed on Windows XP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> >> Win32's tmpfile() creates the file into root folder. But
> >> non-administrator users can't create files into root folder.
>
> In other words, tmpfile() doesn't work at all on Win32?
> Seems like the appropriate place to be filing a bug report is
> at microsoft.com.

If works if you're an administrator or power user. Sure, we can file a
report, but if they bother to fix it, that will be for Visual Studio
2005 (if we're lucky, more likely for the next version after that). So
we can forget all about mingw then, since it uses an old version of the
runtime...
Though I doubt they'd fix it anyway, since their documentation alreadyu
tells you what to do to get around it.

//Magnus