Re: Why postgres install requires physical access to server in windows

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Why postgres install requires physical access to server in windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> >> mstsc /console
> >
> > It should work fine with this switch. I've used it many times.
>
> I ran "mstsc /console" from my XP Proffessional and tried to
> install Postgres 8.1.3 in two different
> servers:
>
> Windows 2003
> Windows 2000
>
> Both cause the following message:
>
> ---------------------------
> Internal error
> ---------------------------
> The PostgreSQL installer must be run on the system console,
> not in a terminal services session.
> OK
>
> What I'm doint wrong ?

Well, first of all, mstsc/console is not supported on Windows 2000.
Second, make sure that you have the correct version of mstsc. mstsc /?
will tell you if your current client supports the /console parameter.
(If it doesn't, it'll silently eat it and ignore it)

//Magnus