Re: Hanging queries on dual CPU windows

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Hanging queries on dual CPU windows
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> > Is it possible to get a stack trace from the stuck process?
>  I dunno
> > if you've got anything gdb-equivalent under Windows, but that's the
> > first thing I'd be interested in ...
>
> Here ya go:
>
> http://www.devisser-siderius.com/stack1.jpg
> http://www.devisser-siderius.com/stack2.jpg
> http://www.devisser-siderius.com/stack3.jpg
>
> There are three threads in the process. I guess thread 1
> (stack1.jpg) is the most interesting.
>
> I also noted that cranking up concurrency in my app
> reproduces the problem in about 4 minutes ;-)

Actually, stack2 looks very interesting. Does it "stay stuck" in pg_queue_signal? That's really not supposed to happen.

Also, can you confirm that stack1 actually *stops* in pgwin32_waitforsinglesocket? Or does it go out and come back? ;-)

(A good signal of this is to check the cswitch delta. If it stays at zero, then it's stuck. If it shows any values,
thatmeans it's actuall going out and coming back)

And finally, is this 8.0 or 8.1? There have been some significant changes in the handling of the signals between the
two...

//Magnus